Journalist N Ramachandran dead
Thiruvananthapuram: Veteran journalist and editorial advisor of `Kerala Kaumudi`, N Ramachandran, has passed away, his family said.
Ramachandran (88) had been active till the other day and attended the editorial meeting of the daily.
The end came at his residence here last night. He is survived by two daughters.
A former member of Kerala Public Service Commission, Ramachandran was associated with Revolutionary Socialist Party and was an active trade unionist before opting for a full-time career in journalism.
In a career spanning over six decades in journalism, he stood out account of sharp editorials and incisive political commentaries he wrote for Kerala Kaumudi.
A former president of Trivandrum Press Club, Ramachandran was closely associated with leading journalists` forums in Kerala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown