JSS eases stand over seats in Kerela
Thiruvananthapuram: After raising the pitch
in the last two days, UDF constituent Janadhipathya
Samrakshana Samithi (JSS) on Sunday eased its stand settling for
four seats offered by lead partner Congress.
After a meeting of the party leaders here, JSS leader
KR Gowri Amma said her party would remain in the UDF
accepting the Congress offer, but wanted certain changes in
the segments allocated to it.
Gowri Amma had earlier took a hard position that nothing
short of five seats would be acceptable to her party.
Signals emanating from Kerala Congress-M also indicated
that the party would scale down from its demand for 22 seats.
Congress negotiators would hold talks with KC-M leaders on Monday, Front sources said.
According to Indian Union Muslim League (IUML) leader PK
Kunhalikutty, the seat-sharing exercise in the UDF will be
completed in an amicable manner and a final picture will
emerge in two days.
In the LDF camp, CPI state secretary CK Chandrappan said
an agreement has almost reached with the CPI-M over seats and
the deal would be sealed tomorrow. The CPI would be contesting
in 27 seats, but a final decision on the segments would be
Seat deals with minor LDF partners Janata Dal-S, NCP, RSP
and Congress-S will be clinched in another two days, Front
The CPI-M is expected to contest 97 seats in the elections
to the 140-member House.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof