Judgement in Chandrasekharan murder case on Jan 22
Kozhikode: A special court here, hearing the case relating to the murder of Revolutionary Marxist Party leader TP Chandrasekharan, will pronounce its judgement on January 22 next year.
The trial in the case, which began on February 11, was completed before R Narayana Pisharadi, Judge, Special Additional District and Sessions Court, today.
The Kerala High Court had earlier instructed the prosecution to complete the trial of the case by December 31.
Presently there are 36 accused in the case whereas in the initial stage of the trial it was 76.
The court had stayed the trial of 15 accused at a later stage. From the list of accused, 22 were acquitted for lack of evidence. Two accused are still absconding while one died during the trial of the case.
Chandrasekharan, who quit the CPI(M) a few years ago, had floated the RMP. He was murdered by a seven-member gang at Vallikkad near Onchiyam in Kozhikode district on May 4 last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical