Judgement in Chandrasekharan murder case on Jan 22
Kozhikode: A special court here, hearing the case relating to the murder of Revolutionary Marxist Party leader TP Chandrasekharan, will pronounce its judgement on January 22 next year.
The trial in the case, which began on February 11, was completed before R Narayana Pisharadi, Judge, Special Additional District and Sessions Court, today.
The Kerala High Court had earlier instructed the prosecution to complete the trial of the case by December 31.
Presently there are 36 accused in the case whereas in the initial stage of the trial it was 76.
The court had stayed the trial of 15 accused at a later stage. From the list of accused, 22 were acquitted for lack of evidence. Two accused are still absconding while one died during the trial of the case.
Chandrasekharan, who quit the CPI(M) a few years ago, had floated the RMP. He was murdered by a seven-member gang at Vallikkad near Onchiyam in Kozhikode district on May 4 last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head