Judicial custody of Italian marines extended
Thiruvananthapuram: A Kerala court Monday extended till April 30 the judicial custody of the two Italian security officials arrested for gunning down two Indian fishermen.
Latorre Massimillano and Salvatore Girone have been lodged in the central prison here. The court in Kollam had sent them to 14 days custody on Feb 20 and police were initially given three days to interrogate them. This was extended twice.
Two Indian fishermen, Ajesh Binki, 25, and Gelastine, 45, were allegedly mistaken as pirates and shot dead by the two security crew of cargo vessel Enrica Lexie Feb 15, about 14 nautical miles off Alappuzha in Kerala.
The two are lodged in a special room in the prison and their demand for a TV set was earlier turned down by the court.
Three Italian ministers have visited the duo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence