Judicial custody of Italian marines extended
Thiruvananthapuram: A Kerala court Monday extended till April 30 the judicial custody of the two Italian security officials arrested for gunning down two Indian fishermen.
Latorre Massimillano and Salvatore Girone have been lodged in the central prison here. The court in Kollam had sent them to 14 days custody on Feb 20 and police were initially given three days to interrogate them. This was extended twice.
Two Indian fishermen, Ajesh Binki, 25, and Gelastine, 45, were allegedly mistaken as pirates and shot dead by the two security crew of cargo vessel Enrica Lexie Feb 15, about 14 nautical miles off Alappuzha in Kerala.
The two are lodged in a special room in the prison and their demand for a TV set was earlier turned down by the court.
Three Italian ministers have visited the duo.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH