Judicial custody of Italian marines extended
Thiruvananthapuram: A Kerala court Monday extended till April 30 the judicial custody of the two Italian security officials arrested for gunning down two Indian fishermen.
Latorre Massimillano and Salvatore Girone have been lodged in the central prison here. The court in Kollam had sent them to 14 days custody on Feb 20 and police were initially given three days to interrogate them. This was extended twice.
Two Indian fishermen, Ajesh Binki, 25, and Gelastine, 45, were allegedly mistaken as pirates and shot dead by the two security crew of cargo vessel Enrica Lexie Feb 15, about 14 nautical miles off Alappuzha in Kerala.
The two are lodged in a special room in the prison and their demand for a TV set was earlier turned down by the court.
Three Italian ministers have visited the duo.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- iPhone 7 to be launched on September 16: Report
- Virat Kohli: The making of India's greatest Test captain
- Pacer Neil Wagner bags six wickets as New Zealand restrict Zimbabwe to 164 on Day 1
- Price rise: FM Jaitley counters Rahul Gandhi, says bluster no match to statistics
- Indian men's hockey team go down 1-4 to Spain in Rio Olympics preparation match