Justice Iyer had always fought against injustice: Kalam
Thalassery: Former President APJ Abdul Kalam on Friday heaped praises on ex-Supreme Court judge VR Krishna Iyer saying he had always fought against injustice.
Many of Iyer`s judgements were embedded in social justice, Kalam said, adding the intervention and presence of a renowned jurist like him was inevitable at a time when the country was facing several challenges.
He was speaking after honouring the former SC judge at a function organised by Sree Narayana Mission, a charitable organisation of the Sri Narayana society and Sharada Krishna Iyer Fine Arts Society, here.
Justice Iyer replied to the felicitation.
Earlier, Kalam took part in an interactive programme with Student Police Cadets at the Municipal town hall, here.
Some 1500 cadets from Kozhikode, Wayanad, Kasargod and Kannur district participated in the session, titled `Wings of fire-ignite your mind`.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Chikungunya outbreak in Delhi: Symptoms, tips to stay safe!
- Hal Shashti Vrat 2016: What is the significance of Balaram Jayanti!
- Good news for Vaishno Devi pilgrims! Shrine Board to announce new route soon - Know details
- Samsung's 1st Tizen powered 4G smartphone Z2 launched at Rs 4,590; comes with free Jio SIM
- All-new Hyundai Elantra launched in India, price starts at Rs 12.99 lakh