Justice Iyer had always fought against injustice: Kalam
Thalassery: Former President APJ Abdul Kalam on Friday heaped praises on ex-Supreme Court judge VR Krishna Iyer saying he had always fought against injustice.
Many of Iyer`s judgements were embedded in social justice, Kalam said, adding the intervention and presence of a renowned jurist like him was inevitable at a time when the country was facing several challenges.
He was speaking after honouring the former SC judge at a function organised by Sree Narayana Mission, a charitable organisation of the Sri Narayana society and Sharada Krishna Iyer Fine Arts Society, here.
Justice Iyer replied to the felicitation.
Earlier, Kalam took part in an interactive programme with Student Police Cadets at the Municipal town hall, here.
Some 1500 cadets from Kozhikode, Wayanad, Kasargod and Kannur district participated in the session, titled `Wings of fire-ignite your mind`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- JNU shouts anti-nationalist slogans; nation questions intent
- Ishrat Jahan was LeT terrorist, reveals David Headley
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Siachen braveheart Lance Naik Hanumanthappa passes away
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches three new services for train passengers
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'