Justice Iyer had always fought against injustice: Kalam
Thalassery: Former President APJ Abdul Kalam on Friday heaped praises on ex-Supreme Court judge VR Krishna Iyer saying he had always fought against injustice.
Many of Iyer`s judgements were embedded in social justice, Kalam said, adding the intervention and presence of a renowned jurist like him was inevitable at a time when the country was facing several challenges.
He was speaking after honouring the former SC judge at a function organised by Sree Narayana Mission, a charitable organisation of the Sri Narayana society and Sharada Krishna Iyer Fine Arts Society, here.
Justice Iyer replied to the felicitation.
Earlier, Kalam took part in an interactive programme with Student Police Cadets at the Municipal town hall, here.
Some 1500 cadets from Kozhikode, Wayanad, Kasargod and Kannur district participated in the session, titled `Wings of fire-ignite your mind`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!