Justice Iyer had always fought against injustice: Kalam
Thalassery: Former President APJ Abdul Kalam on Friday heaped praises on ex-Supreme Court judge VR Krishna Iyer saying he had always fought against injustice.
Many of Iyer`s judgements were embedded in social justice, Kalam said, adding the intervention and presence of a renowned jurist like him was inevitable at a time when the country was facing several challenges.
He was speaking after honouring the former SC judge at a function organised by Sree Narayana Mission, a charitable organisation of the Sri Narayana society and Sharada Krishna Iyer Fine Arts Society, here.
Justice Iyer replied to the felicitation.
Earlier, Kalam took part in an interactive programme with Student Police Cadets at the Municipal town hall, here.
Some 1500 cadets from Kozhikode, Wayanad, Kasargod and Kannur district participated in the session, titled `Wings of fire-ignite your mind`.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH