Kalpana Chawla scholarship Registration announced
Kozhikode: Kerala Travels Interserve (KTIL),
a leading travel agency, on Thursday announced the commencement of
registration for the second Kalpana Chawla scholarship.
The full-funded scholarship will be awarded to a girl
student from a state government school to attend Saura
Yathrika, a space training camp at Singapore, a release from
KTIL said here.
The candidate would be selected on the basis of an
examination and interview, to be held in February in
Kozhikode, Kochi and Thiruvananthapuram.
Students from Standard 9 to 12 are eligible, including
those appearing for final examination, it said.
Sura Yathrika offers an opportunity to get trained under
renowned NASA engineers at the Space Academy Singapore.
Trainees willl get to learn about life as an astronaut, human
effects and challenges in space environment, Arctic survival
session, basic rocketry, robotic navigation and physics of
stellite orbits, the release said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump