Kannur Airport expected to be operational by 2014
Thiruvananthapuram: The first Greenfield
International Airport coming up with private participation at
Kannur in Kerala is expected to be operational by 2014, a
senior minister said on Thursday.
The airport will come up at an estimated cost of Rs 1130
crore, with a paid up capital of Rs 500 crore and funds raised
through loans Rs 630 crore, Kerala Ports and Excise Minister
K Babu said in the Assembly in reply to a submission on the
The plan is to start the work of the runway by next year,
Airport Authority of India has been entrusted with the
task of preparing a Detailed Project Report.
Applications for shares to a tune of Rs 175 crore have been
As per the plan, the state government would have 24 per
cent stake, 25 per cent of the shares owned by public
institutions and 49 per cent private holdings. Land acquired
and handed over to the Company by the state would be treated
as the state`s share, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'