Kannur bandh declared on Monday following BJP worker’s murder
Kannur: A BJP worker was on Sunday hacked to death and two others were injured seriously in clashes with CPI(M) workers at Perumba near Payyanur town in the district, police said.
BJP has called a dawn-to-dusk hartal in Kannur district tomorrow to protest the attack on party activists.
Police identified the deceased as Vinod Kumar (28), who was also a local instructor of the RSS.
Clashes were sequel to alleged destruction of flags of CPI(M) youth wing DYFI by BJP workers yesterday, sources said.
The injured have been rushed to a hospital in Mangalore.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre