Kannur bandh declared on Monday following BJP worker’s murder
Kannur: A BJP worker was on Sunday hacked to death and two others were injured seriously in clashes with CPI(M) workers at Perumba near Payyanur town in the district, police said.
BJP has called a dawn-to-dusk hartal in Kannur district tomorrow to protest the attack on party activists.
Police identified the deceased as Vinod Kumar (28), who was also a local instructor of the RSS.
Clashes were sequel to alleged destruction of flags of CPI(M) youth wing DYFI by BJP workers yesterday, sources said.
The injured have been rushed to a hospital in Mangalore.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi