Karan Thapar, Gopikrishnan bag CH awards
Kozhikode: Noted television personality Karan Thapar, journalists J Gopikrishnan (The Pioneer) and N P Rajendran (Mathrubhumi) have been selected for the C H Mohammed
Koya National Media Awards-2010 for their contributions to journalism.
While Karan Thapar gets the award in the television category, Gopikrishnan, who brought to light the 2G spectrum scam, receives the award in the print media section. They
would receive Rs 1,11,111 each, besides citation and memento, P A Ibrahim Haji, Chairman, C H Mohammed Koya Journalism Award Committee, told reporters here on Tuesday.
Rajendran, Deputy Editor, "Mathrubhumi" Malayalam daily and Chairman of Kerala Press Academy, was selected for the best journalist award in Kerala. He would get Rs 55,555, memento and citation, Haji said.
They were selected for the awards, jointly instituted by C H Mohammed Koya Journalist Award Trust and Kozhikode Press club, from among nominations received from about 100
personalities in divergent fields by a jury headed by eminent writer M T Vasudevan Nair.
The award is instituted in the name of late C H Mohammed Koya, former Kerala Chief Minister.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?