Karat bats for Achuthanandan
Kozhikode (Kerala): CPI-M general secretary Prakash Karat Tuesday dismissed as baseless reports that former Kerala chief minister VS Achuthanandan was "ousted" from the politburo.
Karat said told the party-backed Kairali TV channel: "Achuthanandan has been included in the central committee because he was given consideration as a special case.
"Generally people who are above 80 are included taking into consideration their long experience in the party," said Karat.
The Communist Party of India-Marxist Monday formed a new 15-member politburo and an 89-member central committee. The veteran Achuthanandan was not included in the politburo.
On Monday, Achuthanandan, now the leader of the opposition in the state assembly, did not attend the customary public meeting of the CPI-M at the end of the party congress.
Karat said: "Achuthanandan never boycotted the public meeting. He left after taking part in the congress."
Posters expressing solidarity with the Marxist veteran have appeared in the northern districts of the state.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections