`Karat should end silence on RMP leader`s murder`
Vadakara: Kerala Pradesh Congress Committee (KPCC) president Ramesh Chennithala on Thursday asked CPI-M general secretary Prakash Karat to end his silence on the murder of RMP leader TP Chandrasekharan.
"CPI(M) general secretary Prakash Karat should shed his silence on the murder. If the role of the state CPI-M leadership in Chandrasekharan`s murder is proved, will Karat remove the state leadership?" he asked after launching his day-long fast here in protest against "political murders" in Kerala.
Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, who inaugurated the fast, said the law would take its course and those behind the murder would be brought to book.
He said political murders cannot be justified and that the freedom given in a democracy is not for committing such gruesome murders.
Union Minister of State for home Mullappally Ramachandran who also spoke said "only the small fish have been caught and efforts should be made to catch the bigger whales involved in the murder."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Anushka Sharma slaps ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan?
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said