`Karat should end silence on RMP leader`s murder`
Vadakara: Kerala Pradesh Congress Committee (KPCC) president Ramesh Chennithala on Thursday asked CPI-M general secretary Prakash Karat to end his silence on the murder of RMP leader TP Chandrasekharan.
"CPI(M) general secretary Prakash Karat should shed his silence on the murder. If the role of the state CPI-M leadership in Chandrasekharan`s murder is proved, will Karat remove the state leadership?" he asked after launching his day-long fast here in protest against "political murders" in Kerala.
Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, who inaugurated the fast, said the law would take its course and those behind the murder would be brought to book.
He said political murders cannot be justified and that the freedom given in a democracy is not for committing such gruesome murders.
Union Minister of State for home Mullappally Ramachandran who also spoke said "only the small fish have been caught and efforts should be made to catch the bigger whales involved in the murder."
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside