`Karat should end silence on RMP leader`s murder`
Vadakara: Kerala Pradesh Congress Committee (KPCC) president Ramesh Chennithala on Thursday asked CPI-M general secretary Prakash Karat to end his silence on the murder of RMP leader TP Chandrasekharan.
"CPI(M) general secretary Prakash Karat should shed his silence on the murder. If the role of the state CPI-M leadership in Chandrasekharan`s murder is proved, will Karat remove the state leadership?" he asked after launching his day-long fast here in protest against "political murders" in Kerala.
Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, who inaugurated the fast, said the law would take its course and those behind the murder would be brought to book.
He said political murders cannot be justified and that the freedom given in a democracy is not for committing such gruesome murders.
Union Minister of State for home Mullappally Ramachandran who also spoke said "only the small fish have been caught and efforts should be made to catch the bigger whales involved in the murder."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack