`Karat should end silence on RMP leader`s murder`
Vadakara: Kerala Pradesh Congress Committee (KPCC) president Ramesh Chennithala on Thursday asked CPI-M general secretary Prakash Karat to end his silence on the murder of RMP leader TP Chandrasekharan.
"CPI(M) general secretary Prakash Karat should shed his silence on the murder. If the role of the state CPI-M leadership in Chandrasekharan`s murder is proved, will Karat remove the state leadership?" he asked after launching his day-long fast here in protest against "political murders" in Kerala.
Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, who inaugurated the fast, said the law would take its course and those behind the murder would be brought to book.
He said political murders cannot be justified and that the freedom given in a democracy is not for committing such gruesome murders.
Union Minister of State for home Mullappally Ramachandran who also spoke said "only the small fish have been caught and efforts should be made to catch the bigger whales involved in the murder."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!