`Karat should end silence on RMP leader`s murder`
Vadakara: Kerala Pradesh Congress Committee (KPCC) president Ramesh Chennithala on Thursday asked CPI-M general secretary Prakash Karat to end his silence on the murder of RMP leader TP Chandrasekharan.
"CPI(M) general secretary Prakash Karat should shed his silence on the murder. If the role of the state CPI-M leadership in Chandrasekharan`s murder is proved, will Karat remove the state leadership?" he asked after launching his day-long fast here in protest against "political murders" in Kerala.
Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, who inaugurated the fast, said the law would take its course and those behind the murder would be brought to book.
He said political murders cannot be justified and that the freedom given in a democracy is not for committing such gruesome murders.
Union Minister of State for home Mullappally Ramachandran who also spoke said "only the small fish have been caught and efforts should be made to catch the bigger whales involved in the murder."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Donald Trump wins Washington state Republican primary
- Sexism row: Rajiv Shukla to take up Chris Gayle's issue with BCCI, RCB management
- Picture blast! 'Housefull3' gang gate-crashed Asin's house at midnight
- Kseeb.kar.nic.in & Karresults.nic.in KSEEB 2nd II PUC Results 2016: Karnataka Board 12th XII Class, Second II PUC Exam Results 2016 to be announced today on May 25, 2016 at 4 PM
- Online petition seeking Raghuram Rajan's 2nd term goes viral; 42,000 votes and counting