Karnataka yet to confirm arrest of "Bunty chor"
Thiruvananthapuram: In a flip-flop over its hot pursuit of hitech thief Devinder Singh alias "Bunty chor", Kerala police on Thursday said they are yet to get a confirmation from Karnataka of the arrest of the Delhi-based burglar.
Devinder had fled the Kerala capital in a luxury car stolen from an NRI`s residence in the city on January 21.
Based on information that Devinder fell into police net near Hosur on Karnataka-Tamil Nadu border last night, a police team left for Bangalore to initiate legal formalities securing his custody.
Though the reports in this regard had initially been corroborated by Kerala Home Minister Thiruvanchur Radhakrishnan, he later said the state was yet to receive an official communication from Karnataka about the arrest.
Wanted in connection with scores of cases across the country, Devinder gained entry to the NRI`s house here by breaking its hitech security systems like surveillance camera and intruder warning alarm.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living