Karunakaran`s condition improves slightly, but critical
Thiruvananthapuram: The condition of former Kerala chief minister K Karunakaran has improved slightly but he continues to be critical, doctors attending on him said on Tuesday.
The 92-year-old veteran leader, who has been hospitalised since December 10, was put on ventilator Monday.
"His (Karunakaran) fever has come down, but his condition continues to be a cause of concern," a doctor said.
The doctors treating him at the private hospital here are in constant touch with the doctors at the CMC Hospital Vellore, where he was admitted after developing complications in 2008.
His son K Muraleedharan and daughter Padmaja Venugopal are at the hospital, besides a large number of supporters.
All eyes are on the Congress executive meeting here on Tuesday. The meeting is expected to take a decision on taking back Muraleedharan into the party.
"If the meeting decides to give a green signal, it could well be an emotional decision for the ailing Karunakaran who for long has been wanting to see the party take back his son. All those who are at the helm of affairs in the party today were groomed by Karunakaran," a senior Congress leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed