Karunakaran`s condition improves slightly, but critical
Thiruvananthapuram: The condition of former Kerala chief minister K Karunakaran has improved slightly but he continues to be critical, doctors attending on him said on Tuesday.
The 92-year-old veteran leader, who has been hospitalised since December 10, was put on ventilator Monday.
"His (Karunakaran) fever has come down, but his condition continues to be a cause of concern," a doctor said.
The doctors treating him at the private hospital here are in constant touch with the doctors at the CMC Hospital Vellore, where he was admitted after developing complications in 2008.
His son K Muraleedharan and daughter Padmaja Venugopal are at the hospital, besides a large number of supporters.
All eyes are on the Congress executive meeting here on Tuesday. The meeting is expected to take a decision on taking back Muraleedharan into the party.
"If the meeting decides to give a green signal, it could well be an emotional decision for the ailing Karunakaran who for long has been wanting to see the party take back his son. All those who are at the helm of affairs in the party today were groomed by Karunakaran," a senior Congress leader said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31