Karunakaran`s condition improves slightly, but critical
Thiruvananthapuram: The condition of former Kerala chief minister K Karunakaran has improved slightly but he continues to be critical, doctors attending on him said on Tuesday.
The 92-year-old veteran leader, who has been hospitalised since December 10, was put on ventilator Monday.
"His (Karunakaran) fever has come down, but his condition continues to be a cause of concern," a doctor said.
The doctors treating him at the private hospital here are in constant touch with the doctors at the CMC Hospital Vellore, where he was admitted after developing complications in 2008.
His son K Muraleedharan and daughter Padmaja Venugopal are at the hospital, besides a large number of supporters.
All eyes are on the Congress executive meeting here on Tuesday. The meeting is expected to take a decision on taking back Muraleedharan into the party.
"If the meeting decides to give a green signal, it could well be an emotional decision for the ailing Karunakaran who for long has been wanting to see the party take back his son. All those who are at the helm of affairs in the party today were groomed by Karunakaran," a senior Congress leader said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video