Karunakaran`s condition worsens: Doctors
Thiruvananthapuram: The condition of former Kerala chief minister K Karunakaran, who has been hospitalised for the past few days, has "worsened", a medical bulletin said on Monday.
He has breathlessness and his blood count is low. His kidneys are also not functioning properly, a doctor said.
Karunakaran was admitted to a private hospital here following fever Dec 10. The doctors are contemplating if he needs to be put on a ventilator.
The medical bulletin said the 92-year-old veteran`s condition has "worsened". His son, daughter and Congress party supporters are by his side.
Karunakaran has been admitted to hospital on more than two occasions this year. In November last year, he spent more than a week in the hospital.
Karunakaran has been remaining indoors of late and rarely attends public functions.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read