Karunakaran`s condition worsens: Doctors
Thiruvananthapuram: The condition of former Kerala chief minister K Karunakaran, who has been hospitalised for the past few days, has "worsened", a medical bulletin said on Monday.
He has breathlessness and his blood count is low. His kidneys are also not functioning properly, a doctor said.
Karunakaran was admitted to a private hospital here following fever Dec 10. The doctors are contemplating if he needs to be put on a ventilator.
The medical bulletin said the 92-year-old veteran`s condition has "worsened". His son, daughter and Congress party supporters are by his side.
Karunakaran has been admitted to hospital on more than two occasions this year. In November last year, he spent more than a week in the hospital.
Karunakaran has been remaining indoors of late and rarely attends public functions.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai