Karunakaran`s son to return to Congress soon
Thiruvananthapuram: Stage is set for the
re-entry of K Muraleedharan, son of veteran leader late
K Karunakaran, to the Congress with the state leadership
deciding to make a formal plea to AICC chief Sonia Gandhi
to take him back.
Kerala PCC president Ramesh Chennithala Friday said he would
and former chief minister Oommen Chandy would meet Gandhi
early next month to request re-admission of Muraleedharan,
who broke ranks with the parent body about six years back.
Muraleedharan`s open expression of wish to rejoin the
Congress and death of his father last month have given
momentum to his return to the Congress with all senior leaders
including Defence Minister A K Antony supporting his case.
`Myself and Opposition leader Oommen Chandy will meet AICC
Chief Sonia Gandhi and request her to take Muraleedharan back
into the congress`, Chennithala told reporters here today.
`We hope a favourable decision would be taken `, he said.
He said they would be meeting Gandhi after the completion of
the ongoing Kerala Mochana Yatra campaign headed by Chandy,
which is to conclude here on February 4.
A former KPCC president and ex-MP, Muraleedharan was
suspended from the Congress some six years back after he
broke ranks with the party and floated DIC-K with the
blessings of his father.
Though Karunakaran returned to the Congress after DIC-K
proved an electoral flop ,his son kept away merging his
outfit with NCP and headed its state unit for while.
After a while, Muraleedharan himself started airing his
eagerness to get back to the Congress but his re-entry had
been opposed by sections in the state unit.
Muraleedharan had been waiting for a return to Congress
after resigning as NCP state president last year. He had also
actively worked for Congress candidates in the last local body
elections in the state.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends