KCB criticise its nominee in UDF cabinet
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Congress (B), a minor partner in the ruling Congress led UDF in Kerala, on Tuesday stopped short of recalling its nominee and State Minister for Forest and Sports K B Ganesh Kumar, saying that the minster
was `arrogant` and not adhearing to party line.
Talking to reporters here after party state committee
meeting, KC(B) chief and father of Kumar, R Balakrishna Pilla
said the party was not satisfied with the style of functioning
of the minister.
He said the party would take up the issue at the UDF
liaison committee meeting to be held here tomorrow.
`A decision on the matter would be taken at the next UDF
meeting", he said.
Kumar was made the minister by KC(B) and it did not want a
minister who betrayed the party, Pilla said.
However, he said if Kumar was ready to amend his ways and
follow the party line, party would not have any uneasiness in
Kumar continuing as minister in the UDF ministry.
`We do not want to remove anybody from the party or from
the ministry. But, it is very difficult to face the insult and
humuliation anymore`, he added.
Coming out strongly against his son, Pilla said in a
coaliation politics, the Front would have to agree to the
demands of its partners.
Kumar, representing Pathanapuram assembly segemnt in Kollam
district, is the lone MLA of KC(B) in the assembly.
As in the case of UPA-11, which removed the Union Railway
Minister Dinesh Trivedi when TMC wanted, the UDF would have to
change the Minister, if such a demand was made by a partner,
Pilla pointed out.
Kumar was on loggerhead with the party leadership for a long
period following differences on various issues such as
appointment of members to boards and Corporations under the
Kumar never consulted with the party when appointments were
made to Boards and corporation, Pilla said adding `not even a
single party worker is recruited as personnel staff of the
Kumar had recently at a public meeting at his constituency
had stated that he won the assembly segment with his own
popularity and strength and not because of party power.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray