KCB criticise its nominee in UDF cabinet
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Congress (B), a minor partner in the ruling Congress led UDF in Kerala, on Tuesday stopped short of recalling its nominee and State Minister for Forest and Sports K B Ganesh Kumar, saying that the minster
was `arrogant` and not adhearing to party line.
Talking to reporters here after party state committee
meeting, KC(B) chief and father of Kumar, R Balakrishna Pilla
said the party was not satisfied with the style of functioning
of the minister.
He said the party would take up the issue at the UDF
liaison committee meeting to be held here tomorrow.
`A decision on the matter would be taken at the next UDF
meeting", he said.
Kumar was made the minister by KC(B) and it did not want a
minister who betrayed the party, Pilla said.
However, he said if Kumar was ready to amend his ways and
follow the party line, party would not have any uneasiness in
Kumar continuing as minister in the UDF ministry.
`We do not want to remove anybody from the party or from
the ministry. But, it is very difficult to face the insult and
humuliation anymore`, he added.
Coming out strongly against his son, Pilla said in a
coaliation politics, the Front would have to agree to the
demands of its partners.
Kumar, representing Pathanapuram assembly segemnt in Kollam
district, is the lone MLA of KC(B) in the assembly.
As in the case of UPA-11, which removed the Union Railway
Minister Dinesh Trivedi when TMC wanted, the UDF would have to
change the Minister, if such a demand was made by a partner,
Pilla pointed out.
Kumar was on loggerhead with the party leadership for a long
period following differences on various issues such as
appointment of members to boards and Corporations under the
Kumar never consulted with the party when appointments were
made to Boards and corporation, Pilla said adding `not even a
single party worker is recruited as personnel staff of the
Kumar had recently at a public meeting at his constituency
had stated that he won the assembly segment with his own
popularity and strength and not because of party power.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what