KC(M) seeks judicial probe into lottery, land, liquor maffia
Kottayam: Kerala Congress (M) leader K M
Mani today said the party has decided to contest along with
United Democratic Front in the ensuing local body elections.
Addressing a press meet here, Mani said the party prior
to the selection of candidates is taking into account the
winnability of the candidate and his influence among the
people. A substantial number of candidates for the coming
election would be ordinary people of whom half be set apart
to youth, he said.
The former minister said leading CPM activists including
former MP K S Manoj, P P Abdullakutty MLA of Tirur and
Manjalamkuzhi Ali MLA of Mankada were leaving the party,
registering ire against the party by the people.
He alleged that a part of the amount received from the
sale of lottery was going to the top officials in the state`s
To a question, he said limited number of toddy shops were
allowed to function when the UDF government was in power but
more shops were opened during LDF regime.
Mani demanded for a judicial enquiry into lottery maffia,
land and liquor maffia.
He said the three-tier Panchayat Raj, the dream of former
Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, was sabotaged by the LDF
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets