KEM women staffers accuse male colleague of sexual harassment
Mumbai: As many as twelve female staff members working at the BMC-run KEM hospital here have come together to take on their male colleague whom they have accused of sexually harassing them at work.
Though the complaint was filed against the senior technician in question with the head of Biochemistry Department Dr Sucheta Dandekar last month, and orders to transfer him to Pathology department were subsequently issued, he has refused to accept the orders.
"According to the staff members who have filed the complaint, the senior technician makes derogatory remarks against his female colleagues," a source said on the condition of anonymity.
However, it is not known since when the senior technician has been involved in making such snide comments against his subordinate female colleagues.
The Complaints Committee of KEM Hospital, which has BMC officials and doctors as its members, is looking into the matter, according to the source.
Dr Dandekar`s letter to the Dean of the hospital states that the lab technician was transferred to the Pathology department following complaints against him and as per the action initiated by Anti-Sexual Harassment Committee, but has refused to accept the transfer orders.
The source said BMC is the only civic body to have a prevention of sexual harassment policy in place.
"No other civic body has such type of policy to counter sexual harassment," the source added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- F-16 to boost precision strike capability in anti-terror operations: Pakistan
- UN Security Council readies North Korea missile test reply
- US Vice President Joe Biden on surprise visit to Iraq
- Panama papers scandal: Russia to join global fight against tax evasion
- 7.0-magnitude earthquake hits Vanuatu, tsunami warning issued: USGS