KEM women staffers accuse male colleague of sexual harassment
Mumbai: As many as twelve female staff members working at the BMC-run KEM hospital here have come together to take on their male colleague whom they have accused of sexually harassing them at work.
Though the complaint was filed against the senior technician in question with the head of Biochemistry Department Dr Sucheta Dandekar last month, and orders to transfer him to Pathology department were subsequently issued, he has refused to accept the orders.
"According to the staff members who have filed the complaint, the senior technician makes derogatory remarks against his female colleagues," a source said on the condition of anonymity.
However, it is not known since when the senior technician has been involved in making such snide comments against his subordinate female colleagues.
The Complaints Committee of KEM Hospital, which has BMC officials and doctors as its members, is looking into the matter, according to the source.
Dr Dandekar`s letter to the Dean of the hospital states that the lab technician was transferred to the Pathology department following complaints against him and as per the action initiated by Anti-Sexual Harassment Committee, but has refused to accept the transfer orders.
The source said BMC is the only civic body to have a prevention of sexual harassment policy in place.
"No other civic body has such type of policy to counter sexual harassment," the source added.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users