Kerala a front runner for IIT: Pallum Raju
Kochi: Kerala was the front runner for IIT, Union HRD Minister Pallum Raju on Sunday said.
In the 11th plan, some IITs were granted. They were in various stages of progress. "We need to consolidate and definitely we will look into new requests and I think definitely Kerala is the front runner", he told reporters on the sidelines of a function here when asked about the state`s long plea for IIT.
Kerala Excise and Ports minsiter, K Babu, had urged the minister at the function to consider the state`s plea for IIT favourably.
Prime Minister, Dr Manmohan Singh, during his visit to Kerala in September for the inauguration of `Emerging Kerala` investors meet had said the Centre was seriously considering a proposal to set up IIT in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players