Kerala a front runner for IIT: Pallum Raju
Kochi: Kerala was the front runner for IIT, Union HRD Minister Pallum Raju on Sunday said.
In the 11th plan, some IITs were granted. They were in various stages of progress. "We need to consolidate and definitely we will look into new requests and I think definitely Kerala is the front runner", he told reporters on the sidelines of a function here when asked about the state`s long plea for IIT.
Kerala Excise and Ports minsiter, K Babu, had urged the minister at the function to consider the state`s plea for IIT favourably.
Prime Minister, Dr Manmohan Singh, during his visit to Kerala in September for the inauguration of `Emerging Kerala` investors meet had said the Centre was seriously considering a proposal to set up IIT in the state.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Cops release suspect's sketch as public outrage grows in Kerala's 'Nirbhaya' case
- Flat belly diet: Include these 3 foods to burn fat fast!
- Read: Why Virat Kohli, David Warner exchanged text messages regarding Orange Cap in IPL 9?
- Shocking! 7th Pay Commission recommends abolition of overtime for government employees
- VVIP chopper deal: BJP most welcome to make revelations, says Sonia Gandhi