Kerala announces slew of welfare schemes
Thiruvananthapuram: Joining the nation in celebrating the 66th Independence Day, the Congress-led UDF government in Kerala on Wednesday announced a slew of schemes based on its 10-point development and welfare initiative.
Delivering the Independence Day address at the Central Stadium here, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said corruption free administration, job for all, energy security and a comprehensive healthcare would be some of the key areas of attention for the Government in the coming days.
Chandy unfurled the national flag, took salute at the impressive I-Day parade of various contingents of armed forces, police and student cadets at the state level celebrations.
The Chief Minister said the UDF government had been able to impart a new dynamism to the state since it came to power in early 2011, reactivating the stagnant development process.
Observing that rule of law was as important as economic independence for building a good society, Chandy said the development approach of the government also gave due emphasis to environmental and human values.
He said India could achieve a better growth rate even when many other countries faced the ill-effects of economic meltdown. He also hailed UPA government`s flagship programmes like MGNREGS, Food Security Bill and Right to Information Act.
Chandy said the Right to Service Act, passed by the state assembly recently, would be implemented on November 1, the state formation day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing