Kerala Assembly adjourned for fourth day
Thiruvananthapuram: The alleged involvement of an IUML MLA in a double murder case continued to rock the Kerala Assembly for the fourth day on Friday with CPI-M led LDF opposition staging a protest leading to adjournment of the House for the day just five minutes after proceedings began.
LDF members moved into the Well of the House with banners demanding the arrest of P K Basheer, representing Ernad segment in Malappuram District and named as sixth accused in a FIR in connection with a double murder case in Malappuram.
Speaker G Karthikeyan announced the suspension of the Question Hour and other proceedings before the adjournment of the Assembly for the day.
Karthikeyan also expressed displeasure over the LDF protest in the House, saying it was unfortunate that the Opposition was disrupting the proceedings.
The government had stated that it was of the view that a person could not be arrested just because of his/her name figured in the FIR filed by police in a case.
Opposition alleged that the government was protecting the MLA of IUML, second largest partner of ruling UDF.
But the ruling front termed the opposition protest as a `drama` to divert the attention of public from the "embarrassment and image loss" caused to CPI-M over the killing of Revolutionary Marxist Leader leader TP Chandrasekheran last month in connection with which some of its party activists have been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why