Kerala Assembly adjourned over solar scam
Thiruvananthapuram: Targeting Chief Minister Oommen Chandy over the solar scam, the LDF opposition on Tuesday continued their protest in the Kerala Assembly for the second consecutive day, forcing the House to be adjourned minutes after the sitting began.
Showing placards and waving banners demanding resignation of Chandy, the LDF members rushed to the Well of the House shouting slogans the moment the day`s proceedings commenced.
Speaker G Karthikeyan first suspended Question Hour and Zero Hour but soon adjourned the House for the day after rushing through the business on the agenda as an unrelenting opposition declined to be pacified.
Chandy had yesterday rejected the demand for his resignation and charged the LDF with creating a "smokescreen" to score political mileage after a series of agitations unleashed by them against the UDF government failed to click.
The LDF members also protested alleged police excesses during the marches taken out in different parts of the state by their feeder outfits on Monday.
The scam pertains to alleged fraudulent deals running into crores of rupees indulged in by a firm run by one Saritha Nair and her friend Biju Radhakrishnan by duping clients for solar panel installation schemes.
Biju, who had been absconding for long, was arrested from Coimbatore yesterday while Saritha has already been already under judicial remand.
The case assumed a political dimension after it was revealed that two personal staff members in the Chief Minister`s Office had allegedly made frequent calls to Saritha Nair.
The two staff members were removed from the CM`s office last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!