Kerala Assembly pays homage to TM Jacob
Thiruvananthapuram: Cutting across party lines, the Kerala assembly paid tributes for the third day Tuesday to TM Jacob, the state civil supplies minister who died Sunday.
Jacob, 61, was buried Tuesday at his home parish near Piravom in Ernakulam district. Jacob, who led the Kerala Congress-Jacob and was its sole legislator, was ailing for some time and was in and out of hospital since he became a minister inMay.
"His (Jacob`s) commitment to his work and the manner in which he worked was unique to him alone," said Speaker G. Karthikeyan.
As state education minister (1982-87), Jacob saw several new initiatives being commissioned, Karthikeyan added.
Jacob was a member of the assembly from 1997 till 2006.
Defeated in 2006 assembly polls, he returned in the 2011 elections.
"The way he carried himself as a minister and his work speaks everything about him," recalled Chief Minister Oommen Chandy.
"He started off as a student leader and went on to become an efficient and effective politician and his absence would be felt," said Leader of Opposition VS Achuthanandan.
"He was a workaholic and the biggest beneficiary was the state on account of the policies that he brought out," said state Industries Minister PK Kunhalikutty.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof