Kerala Assembly pays rich tribute to MOH Farook
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Assembly paid rich tributes to the memory of veteran Congress leader and former Puducherry Chief Minister MOH Farook, who died
two months back when he was the state Governor.
Speaker G Karthikeyan, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy and
Deputy Leader of the Opposition Kodiyeri Balakrishnan recalled
the selfless service of Farook as politician, diplomat and
Governor of Jharkhand and Kerala.
The house adjourned for the day without transacting any
other business as a mark of respect to the departed leader.
In his obituary reference, Karthikeyan said Farook always
had great love and affection for Kerala and he used to recall
the connections of his forbears with the state.
"He was an astutute politician who imparted a sense of
proper diection to politics in Puducherry by keeping the
people in the national mainstream," he said.
Chandy said though Farook could serve Kerala in official
capacity only for a brief while, he had always kept a tab on
developments in the state.
While serving as Indian ambassador to Saudi Arabia,he
showed his deep commitment to the well being of the Indian
community there and was always ready to intervene whenever
they faced problems.
Leaders of constituents of the ruling UDF and Opposition
LDF paid homage to the memory of Farook, who assumed office as
Kerala Governor in Septemebr 2011 and died on Jan 26, 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day