Kerala Bird Race on Nov 10
Thiruvananthapuram: The seventh edition of the annual Kerala Bird Race, an event to promote interest in bird watching among the public, would be held this year on November 10 at three centres in the state.
The race would be held in Thiruvananthapuram, Kochi and Kozhikode, a release from Kerala Birder, organisers of the event, said here.
The Hongkong and Shangha Banking Corporation Limited (HSBC) and Yuhina Eco-Media are collaborating with the event.
In the dawn-to-dusk event, teams of bird watchers and amateurs will spend the entire day birding in and around each city and try to record as many species of birds as possible.
The bird race this year would be non-competitive and the aim was to see how many birds could be seen in a day by all the teams, the release said.
Besides promoting bird watching, the event was also aimed at creating awareness on the bird life in the region to help build up support for environment and nature conservation.
Around 350 bird watchers had participated in the event last year, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?