Kerala BJP demands resignation of Shashi Tharoor
Thiruvananthapuram: BJP`s Kerala unit on Tuesday demanded resignation of Shashi Tharoor from the Union Ministry in the backdrop of the death of his wife Sunanda Pushkar.
Holding that Tharoor should own "moral responsibility" for the death of Sunanda, BJP state president V Muraleedharan said his continuation in the ministry also "posed a threat to the national security" since his late wife had alleged her husband had links with a Pakistani journalist having ISI connections.
The BJP leader wanted the Centre to order an inquiry into allegations that Tharoor also had a role in "IPL-related" corruption.
"All these circumstances warranted Throor`s resignation. He should step down and face the probe," Muraleedharan told a reporters here.
52-year-old Sunanda was found dead in a star hotel in Delhi on January 17 night, a day after her Twitter spat with Pakistani journalist Mehr Tarar over an alleged affair with Tharoor.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi