Kerala BJP demands resignation of Shashi Tharoor
Thiruvananthapuram: BJP`s Kerala unit on Tuesday demanded resignation of Shashi Tharoor from the Union Ministry in the backdrop of the death of his wife Sunanda Pushkar.
Holding that Tharoor should own "moral responsibility" for the death of Sunanda, BJP state president V Muraleedharan said his continuation in the ministry also "posed a threat to the national security" since his late wife had alleged her husband had links with a Pakistani journalist having ISI connections.
The BJP leader wanted the Centre to order an inquiry into allegations that Tharoor also had a role in "IPL-related" corruption.
"All these circumstances warranted Throor`s resignation. He should step down and face the probe," Muraleedharan told a reporters here.
52-year-old Sunanda was found dead in a star hotel in Delhi on January 17 night, a day after her Twitter spat with Pakistani journalist Mehr Tarar over an alleged affair with Tharoor.
- Growth falls to 15-year low in Sub-Saharan Africa: IMF
- Four people dead, 2 wounded at an explosion in Tamil Nadu
- Not CM candidate, Rahul Gandhi to lead party across the country: Congress
- Delhi government seeks taxi unions' views over ban on diesel cab
- Real estate developers to land in trouble for taking consumers 'for a ride'