Kerala BJP demands resignation of Shashi Tharoor
Thiruvananthapuram: BJP`s Kerala unit on Tuesday demanded resignation of Shashi Tharoor from the Union Ministry in the backdrop of the death of his wife Sunanda Pushkar.
Holding that Tharoor should own "moral responsibility" for the death of Sunanda, BJP state president V Muraleedharan said his continuation in the ministry also "posed a threat to the national security" since his late wife had alleged her husband had links with a Pakistani journalist having ISI connections.
The BJP leader wanted the Centre to order an inquiry into allegations that Tharoor also had a role in "IPL-related" corruption.
"All these circumstances warranted Throor`s resignation. He should step down and face the probe," Muraleedharan told a reporters here.
52-year-old Sunanda was found dead in a star hotel in Delhi on January 17 night, a day after her Twitter spat with Pakistani journalist Mehr Tarar over an alleged affair with Tharoor.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers