Kerala BJP demands resignation of Shashi Tharoor
Thiruvananthapuram: BJP`s Kerala unit on Tuesday demanded resignation of Shashi Tharoor from the Union Ministry in the backdrop of the death of his wife Sunanda Pushkar.
Holding that Tharoor should own "moral responsibility" for the death of Sunanda, BJP state president V Muraleedharan said his continuation in the ministry also "posed a threat to the national security" since his late wife had alleged her husband had links with a Pakistani journalist having ISI connections.
The BJP leader wanted the Centre to order an inquiry into allegations that Tharoor also had a role in "IPL-related" corruption.
"All these circumstances warranted Throor`s resignation. He should step down and face the probe," Muraleedharan told a reporters here.
52-year-old Sunanda was found dead in a star hotel in Delhi on January 17 night, a day after her Twitter spat with Pakistani journalist Mehr Tarar over an alleged affair with Tharoor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India