Kerala boat collision: Body of one fisherman found
Kochi: Naval divers on Sunday recovered the body
of one of the three fishermen who went missing after their
boat was hit by a merchant vessel of Alappuzha coast.
Two fishermen had been killed in the incident.
The body, which was found inside the sunken boat, has
been handed over to local fishermen, naval sources said here.
Search is going on to locate two other bodies.
Deep sea clearance divers had found the wreckage of the
fishing boat `Don-I` last night.
A 10-member navy clearance diving team from Southern
Naval Command here reached the location and found the wreckage
at the bottom of the sea at 47 metres. The boat`s cabin were
found damaged and fuel leakage seen at the site.
The collision in the wee hours of March 1 had shocked the
fishing community of Neendakara in Kollam district as it
happened within two weeks after two fishermen were shot dead
allegedly by marines onboard Italian merchant ship Enrica
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city