Kerala boat collision: Body of one fisherman found
Kochi: Naval divers on Sunday recovered the body
of one of the three fishermen who went missing after their
boat was hit by a merchant vessel of Alappuzha coast.
Two fishermen had been killed in the incident.
The body, which was found inside the sunken boat, has
been handed over to local fishermen, naval sources said here.
Search is going on to locate two other bodies.
Deep sea clearance divers had found the wreckage of the
fishing boat `Don-I` last night.
A 10-member navy clearance diving team from Southern
Naval Command here reached the location and found the wreckage
at the bottom of the sea at 47 metres. The boat`s cabin were
found damaged and fuel leakage seen at the site.
The collision in the wee hours of March 1 had shocked the
fishing community of Neendakara in Kollam district as it
happened within two weeks after two fishermen were shot dead
allegedly by marines onboard Italian merchant ship Enrica
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC