Kerala boat tragedy: KTDC MD questioned by police
Thiruvananthapuram: Police on Thursday questioned
Kerala Tourism Development Corporation (KTDC) Managing
Director K G Mohanlal and some other senior officials in
connection with the Thekkady boat tragedy that claimed 45
A Crime Branch team from Kottayam led by DySP Johnson
questioned Mohanlal and others at the KTDC headquarters here
to ascertain details of the alleged negligence on the part of
the technical evaluation committee which was responsible for
giving clearance to the boat "Jalakanyaka" for the lake
cruise, police sources said.
The probe by the special investigation team had found
that the boat did not have insurance cover for the tourists it
carried and required safety measures like life jackets.
It had also brought to light that the boat had a
rightward inclination which could be a major factor for it to
capsize in the lake on September 30.
The driver of the boat Victor Samuel, who is on bail now,
claimed at a press meet in Kochi that he had pointed out to
the KTDC officials about the tilt.
The officials ignored his warning and told him not to
bother about such matters as his job was to steer the boat, he
said alleging that he was being made a scapegoat.
All the six persons arrested in connection with the boat
tragedy and slapped with the charge of culpable homicide had
been granted bail by the High Court.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh