Kerala cabinet approves General Education Policy
Thiruvananthapuram: The Kerala cabinet on Wednesday
approved a comprehensive general education reform package to
resolve issues and problems of teachers in government and
government aided-schools in the state.
Under the package, over which government would incur an
expenditure of Rs 264 crore, problems of 10,000 teachers who
had not been receiving salaries for the past few years, either
due to fall in number of students in schools or unrecognised
appointments, would be settled, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy
told reporters after a cabinet meeting.
"Government will from this academic year recognise
appointment of 2,920 teachers who were working without
salaries in aided schools. They will get their salaries from
the date of joining service," he said.
Similarly, more than 4,500 teachers who lost jobs due to
fall in number of students would be reinstated, he said.
The package would be implemented by merging the same with
Central government schemes, which would see state expenditure
come down to Rs 6.88 crore per year, Chandy said.
The new package, he said, would ensure private aided-
school managements does not make appointments or create new
posts in their schools without prior government sanction.
"We are not taking away any rights of private
managements. But they cannot make any further appointments
without the concurrence of the government," Chandy said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog