Kerala Cabinet clears Kannur airport project
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Cabinet on Wednesday
gave administrative sanction for a new airport at Kannur.
The airport would be set up on the model of the
Nedumbassery airport in Kochi built by the Cochin Internatal
Airport Limited (CIAL) company, Chief Minister V S
Achuthanandan told reporters after a cabinet meeting here.
The cabinet decided to create 21 new posts in different
categories at the University of Calicut and 145 posts of
paramedical staff at Thiruvananthapuram medical college.
Two model residential schools would be set up for boys
and girls at Chelakkara in Thrissur and Kuzhalmandam in
Palakkad district respectively. The required additional posts
would be created for the schools.
A new 60-seat B Tech course on Electrical and Electronics
Engineering would be started in Wayanad Engineering College
from 2010-2011 academic year.
The cabinet also decided to lease out for 30 years ten
acres at Kidangad in Sulthan Batheri taluk (Wayanad) to
University of Calicut and two acres in Paravur village in
Ernakulam to the Co-operative Academy of Professional
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living