Kerala Cabinet clears Kannur airport project
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Cabinet on Wednesday
gave administrative sanction for a new airport at Kannur.
The airport would be set up on the model of the
Nedumbassery airport in Kochi built by the Cochin Internatal
Airport Limited (CIAL) company, Chief Minister V S
Achuthanandan told reporters after a cabinet meeting here.
The cabinet decided to create 21 new posts in different
categories at the University of Calicut and 145 posts of
paramedical staff at Thiruvananthapuram medical college.
Two model residential schools would be set up for boys
and girls at Chelakkara in Thrissur and Kuzhalmandam in
Palakkad district respectively. The required additional posts
would be created for the schools.
A new 60-seat B Tech course on Electrical and Electronics
Engineering would be started in Wayanad Engineering College
from 2010-2011 academic year.
The cabinet also decided to lease out for 30 years ten
acres at Kidangad in Sulthan Batheri taluk (Wayanad) to
University of Calicut and two acres in Paravur village in
Ernakulam to the Co-operative Academy of Professional
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row