Kerala Cabinet clears Kannur airport project
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Cabinet on Wednesday
gave administrative sanction for a new airport at Kannur.
The airport would be set up on the model of the
Nedumbassery airport in Kochi built by the Cochin Internatal
Airport Limited (CIAL) company, Chief Minister V S
Achuthanandan told reporters after a cabinet meeting here.
The cabinet decided to create 21 new posts in different
categories at the University of Calicut and 145 posts of
paramedical staff at Thiruvananthapuram medical college.
Two model residential schools would be set up for boys
and girls at Chelakkara in Thrissur and Kuzhalmandam in
Palakkad district respectively. The required additional posts
would be created for the schools.
A new 60-seat B Tech course on Electrical and Electronics
Engineering would be started in Wayanad Engineering College
from 2010-2011 academic year.
The cabinet also decided to lease out for 30 years ten
acres at Kidangad in Sulthan Batheri taluk (Wayanad) to
University of Calicut and two acres in Paravur village in
Ernakulam to the Co-operative Academy of Professional
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'