Kerala Cabinet to be expanded today
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy will expand his Cabinet with the induction of 13 ministers here Monday.
Of the new ministers to be sworn-in today, nine belong to Congress including the lone woman Minister P K Jayalakshmi.
One MLA from Kerala Congress (M) will also be administered the oath of office and secrecy.
The names of Speaker, Deputy Speaker and Parliamentary Affairs Minister are likely to be announced by this evening.
Sixty-seven-year-old Chandy, elected for the 10th consecutive time from Puthupally in Kottayam District, assumed office as Kerala’s 21st chief minister on Wednesday.
He takes over from Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) stalwart V.S. Achuthanandan, who resigned as Chief Minister, last Saturday, following defeat in the Assembly polls.
In the Kerala assembly elections, the United Democratic Front (UDF) won by 72 seats, while the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M)-led Left Democratic Front (LDF) bagged 68 seats.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- British PM to put stamp on Brexit before G20 summit
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway