Kerala Cabinet to be expanded today
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy will expand his Cabinet with the induction of 13 ministers here Monday.
Of the new ministers to be sworn-in today, nine belong to Congress including the lone woman Minister P K Jayalakshmi.
One MLA from Kerala Congress (M) will also be administered the oath of office and secrecy.
The names of Speaker, Deputy Speaker and Parliamentary Affairs Minister are likely to be announced by this evening.
Sixty-seven-year-old Chandy, elected for the 10th consecutive time from Puthupally in Kottayam District, assumed office as Kerala’s 21st chief minister on Wednesday.
He takes over from Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) stalwart V.S. Achuthanandan, who resigned as Chief Minister, last Saturday, following defeat in the Assembly polls.
In the Kerala assembly elections, the United Democratic Front (UDF) won by 72 seats, while the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M)-led Left Democratic Front (LDF) bagged 68 seats.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar