Kerala CM Achuthanandan files nomination
Palakkad: Kerala Chief Minister and
CPI(M) veteran V S Achuthanandan Thursday filed nomination for contesting the assembly elections from his sitting seat Malampuzha in Palakkad district.
Achuthanandan filed his papers before Joint Registrar
(Co-operatives) A N Pradeepraj, who is the returning officer
for the segment.
The 87-year-old statwart is seeking election from from
Malampuzha for the third consecutive,a segment that always
stood loyal to the CPI(M) and those` who elected to the
assembly from there included former chief minister late
E K Nayanar.
The 87-year-old stalwart is seeking election from the CPI
(M)bastion for the third consecutive time.
Achuthanandan,who is the pivot of the LDF, has been
campaigning in the northern districts for the last three
He was accompanied by former Lok Sabha member N N Krishnadas
and party functionaries from the area when he went for filing
Congress has chosen 46-year-old woman leader Lathika Subhash
to take on Achuthanandan, who is a debutant in the poll
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them