Kerala CM Chandy spying on Muslims?
Kolkata: Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPM) stalwart VS Achuthanandan has assailed Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy for allegedly spying on some members of the Muslim community in the state.
Talking to reporters here on Tuesday, Achuthanandan said: "On its part, the Kerala government going out if its way to identify a particular party or community in a secret manner is very unfair."
He even compared Oommen Chandy with Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, who has been accused in the past of having anti-minority sentiments.
"Well, it is similar to Narendra Modi`s ploy," added Achuthanandan.
On January 16, according to media reports, the intelligence department of the Kerala government was supposedly spying on the e-mail accounts of certain Muslim leaders, including journalists and politicians.
Chandy had asked Additional Director General of Police (Intelligence) T P Senkumar to probe these allegations, who had recently rubbished the matter, calling it untrue.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- UN says North Korea accusations vs US troops 'unsubstantiated'
- Supreme Court bans diesel, petrol cabs in Delhi-NCR from May 1
- SHOCKING! Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Haryana - WATCH VIDEO
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan to star in Ajay Devgn's ‘Baadshaho’?
- AgustaWestland bribery scam: CBI questions ex-IAF deputy chief JS Gujaral