Kerala CM Chandy spying on Muslims?
Kolkata: Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPM) stalwart VS Achuthanandan has assailed Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy for allegedly spying on some members of the Muslim community in the state.
Talking to reporters here on Tuesday, Achuthanandan said: "On its part, the Kerala government going out if its way to identify a particular party or community in a secret manner is very unfair."
He even compared Oommen Chandy with Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, who has been accused in the past of having anti-minority sentiments.
"Well, it is similar to Narendra Modi`s ploy," added Achuthanandan.
On January 16, according to media reports, the intelligence department of the Kerala government was supposedly spying on the e-mail accounts of certain Muslim leaders, including journalists and politicians.
Chandy had asked Additional Director General of Police (Intelligence) T P Senkumar to probe these allegations, who had recently rubbished the matter, calling it untrue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat