Kerala CM Chandy spying on Muslims?
Kolkata: Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPM) stalwart VS Achuthanandan has assailed Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy for allegedly spying on some members of the Muslim community in the state.
Talking to reporters here on Tuesday, Achuthanandan said: "On its part, the Kerala government going out if its way to identify a particular party or community in a secret manner is very unfair."
He even compared Oommen Chandy with Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, who has been accused in the past of having anti-minority sentiments.
"Well, it is similar to Narendra Modi`s ploy," added Achuthanandan.
On January 16, according to media reports, the intelligence department of the Kerala government was supposedly spying on the e-mail accounts of certain Muslim leaders, including journalists and politicians.
Chandy had asked Additional Director General of Police (Intelligence) T P Senkumar to probe these allegations, who had recently rubbished the matter, calling it untrue.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory