Kerala CM Chandy spying on Muslims?
Kolkata: Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPM) stalwart VS Achuthanandan has assailed Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy for allegedly spying on some members of the Muslim community in the state.
Talking to reporters here on Tuesday, Achuthanandan said: "On its part, the Kerala government going out if its way to identify a particular party or community in a secret manner is very unfair."
He even compared Oommen Chandy with Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, who has been accused in the past of having anti-minority sentiments.
"Well, it is similar to Narendra Modi`s ploy," added Achuthanandan.
On January 16, according to media reports, the intelligence department of the Kerala government was supposedly spying on the e-mail accounts of certain Muslim leaders, including journalists and politicians.
Chandy had asked Additional Director General of Police (Intelligence) T P Senkumar to probe these allegations, who had recently rubbished the matter, calling it untrue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?