Kerala CM invites `metroman` for talks
Thiruvananthapuram: Delhi Metro Rail Corporation`s participation in the Kochi Metro Rail Project Limited has turned into a vexed issue for the Kerala government amid charges that it was not keen on using the services of `metroman` E Sreedharan for the project.
To allay apprehensions that government was playing hide and seek on the matter, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy last night called up Sreedharan who has agreed to meet him here on Wednesday, official sources said.
Though the Cabinet had decided that the project would be awarded to DMRC under the supervision of its principal advisor E Sreedharan, a recent letter by Public Works Principal Secretary seeking details of Sreedharan`s powers in the DMRC has kicked up a row.
The letter from Tom Jose, the former managing director of KMRL and now PWD principal secretary, released by CPI(M) MP P Rajeev yesterday, seeks clarifications from DMRC chairman Sudheer Krishna whether the works proposed to be taken up in the state by DMRC had been ratified by its director board.
Rajeev had expressed concern that Sreedharan was being targeted by `vested interests`.
The government had also decided to seek explanation from Jose who had written to Krishna in his official letter head, when the cabinet had already decided to award the project to DMRC and was awaiting a decision from them, sources said.
The KMRL board meeting at Kochi on Friday last had decided to wait for the decision on KMRL by the DMRC director board to be held on November 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues