Kerala CM questioned in solar case: AG tells HC
Kochi: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy was questioned by the Special Investigation Team (SIT) probing the solar panel scam, the High Court was Wednesday told by the Attorney General.
The disclosure was made by Advocate General K P Dandapani after much persuasion by Justice Harun-Al Rashid hearing a petition relating to solar scam over which opposition LDF has been seeking the resignation of Chandy in view of alleged involvement of some former staff of Chief Minister`s Office with the prime accused.
When the arguments in the petition were going on, the AG said "a responsible person has been questioned by Invesitgating officers".
When the judge asked who the person is, the AG refused to answer saying he did not want to say.
The court shot back "how can you refuse to answer?" after which the AG said it was the Chief Minister.
The court then said "even the complainant, Sreedharan Nair, does not suspect the complicity of the Chief Minister. Why should police question him (CM)?"
At this stage, petitioner Joy Kaitharath`s counsel intervened and said these observations were "unwarranted as investigation is continuing on the basis of statement to magistrate. This will scuttle investigation".
Reacting to the AG`s disclosure, Chandy said it was a routine procedure on the part of the AG to inform the high court on what had happened.
An impartial and just investigation was on in the case, he told reporters at Thiruvananthapuram.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- India needs to tread the innovation path to progress
- Janmashtami 2016: Send these devotional TEXT MESSAGES to your loved ones right away!
- Soon, you may use Wi-Fi on Indian flights
- North Korea leader Kim Jong-Un says missile test 'greatest success'
- Myanmar weighs damage after earthquake rattles Bagan pagodas