Kerala CM questioned in solar case: AG tells HC
Kochi: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy was questioned by the Special Investigation Team (SIT) probing the solar panel scam, the High Court was Wednesday told by the Attorney General.
The disclosure was made by Advocate General K P Dandapani after much persuasion by Justice Harun-Al Rashid hearing a petition relating to solar scam over which opposition LDF has been seeking the resignation of Chandy in view of alleged involvement of some former staff of Chief Minister`s Office with the prime accused.
When the arguments in the petition were going on, the AG said "a responsible person has been questioned by Invesitgating officers".
When the judge asked who the person is, the AG refused to answer saying he did not want to say.
The court shot back "how can you refuse to answer?" after which the AG said it was the Chief Minister.
The court then said "even the complainant, Sreedharan Nair, does not suspect the complicity of the Chief Minister. Why should police question him (CM)?"
At this stage, petitioner Joy Kaitharath`s counsel intervened and said these observations were "unwarranted as investigation is continuing on the basis of statement to magistrate. This will scuttle investigation".
Reacting to the AG`s disclosure, Chandy said it was a routine procedure on the part of the AG to inform the high court on what had happened.
An impartial and just investigation was on in the case, he told reporters at Thiruvananthapuram.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Landslides close Jammu-Srinagar highway; Amarnath Yatra suspended
- Italian leaders vow to prevent terrorist attacks
- UN chief voices concern over Turkey situation
- Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ shoot will commence at this breathtaking location – See pic
- WATCH: How Sri Lanka's mystery spinner Lakshan Sandakan left Australia spellbound