Kerala CM takes taxi at airport as official car gets late
Thiruvananthapuram: In a security lapse, Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy took a taxi from airport here to the secretariat after his official vehicle failed to reach there in time on his return from Delhi.
Chandy hailed a taxi after a nearly five-minute wait at the airport yesterday as he had to attend an urgent meeting, prompting the state Home Department to look into the "lapse", official sources said.
The Chief Minister, however, played down the incident insisting that there was no security lapse involved.
Taking a light view of the fiasco, Chandy said that yesterday in Delhi also, he had travelled by a taxi to the airport from Kerala House after campaigning for the Congress for the assembly polls.
The sources said the Home Department was looking into how such a lapse occurred and who were responsible for it.
Chandy`s flight had landed here at 10.15 AM, a few minutes ahead of the schedule. When it was found that the official car had not reached the airport, he directed police to hail a taxi instead of waiting for the official car.
Police said Chandy was accompanied by the usual security convoy which had already been stationed at the airport.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'