Kerala CM urges Karnataka to appoint high level medical team
Bangalore: In the wake of concern expressed over the health condition of PDP leader Abdul Nasseer Madani in his state, Kerala government on Thursday urged Karnataka to appoint a high-level medical team for his treatment.
Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy who called on his Karnataka counterpart Jagadish Shettar here, sought the latest report on the medical treatment of Madani, who is currently lodged in Parappana Agrahara prison following his arrest in connection with the 2008 serial bomb blasts in Chinnaswamy cricket stadium here.
"I requested Shettar to provide best possible medical treatment to Madani and he has agreed to provide so," Chandy told reporters at "Krishna", the official residence of Chief Minister after about an hour long meeting between them on various issues.
Chandy said Shettar showed him the detailed medical report of Madani and thanked the state for giving treatment to him. Madani.
He said he had requested Shettar to appoint a high level medical team to give latest report on Madani`s health condition.
"The government had given us six-month-old medical report on Madani after we shot off a letter in this regard three months back. We want the latest report and Shettar has agreed to provide the same," he said.
Ruling UDF and opposition LDF members had last month asked the Kerala government to intervene to ensure proper medical care for Madani, with Chandy saying it was not justice to keep a person in prison indefinitely without trial.
The Karnataka High Court had in November last year last rejected Madani`s bail plea but permitted him to avail treatment in a hospital of his choice under police escort.
Madani was arrested on August 17, 2010 from his camp at Anwarassery in Kollam district and has been lodged in the Parappana Agrahara jail in Bangalore since then.
He is among 31 persons charge sheeted in the case relating to the July 2008 bomb blasts that killed a person and left 20 others injured in Bangalore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India