Kerala CM urges Karnataka to appoint high level medical team
Bangalore: In the wake of concern expressed over the health condition of PDP leader Abdul Nasseer Madani in his state, Kerala government on Thursday urged Karnataka to appoint a high-level medical team for his treatment.
Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy who called on his Karnataka counterpart Jagadish Shettar here, sought the latest report on the medical treatment of Madani, who is currently lodged in Parappana Agrahara prison following his arrest in connection with the 2008 serial bomb blasts in Chinnaswamy cricket stadium here.
"I requested Shettar to provide best possible medical treatment to Madani and he has agreed to provide so," Chandy told reporters at "Krishna", the official residence of Chief Minister after about an hour long meeting between them on various issues.
Chandy said Shettar showed him the detailed medical report of Madani and thanked the state for giving treatment to him. Madani.
He said he had requested Shettar to appoint a high level medical team to give latest report on Madani`s health condition.
"The government had given us six-month-old medical report on Madani after we shot off a letter in this regard three months back. We want the latest report and Shettar has agreed to provide the same," he said.
Ruling UDF and opposition LDF members had last month asked the Kerala government to intervene to ensure proper medical care for Madani, with Chandy saying it was not justice to keep a person in prison indefinitely without trial.
The Karnataka High Court had in November last year last rejected Madani`s bail plea but permitted him to avail treatment in a hospital of his choice under police escort.
Madani was arrested on August 17, 2010 from his camp at Anwarassery in Kollam district and has been lodged in the Parappana Agrahara jail in Bangalore since then.
He is among 31 persons charge sheeted in the case relating to the July 2008 bomb blasts that killed a person and left 20 others injured in Bangalore.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan