Kerala CM urges Karnataka to appoint high level medical team
Bangalore: In the wake of concern expressed over the health condition of PDP leader Abdul Nasseer Madani in his state, Kerala government on Thursday urged Karnataka to appoint a high-level medical team for his treatment.
Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy who called on his Karnataka counterpart Jagadish Shettar here, sought the latest report on the medical treatment of Madani, who is currently lodged in Parappana Agrahara prison following his arrest in connection with the 2008 serial bomb blasts in Chinnaswamy cricket stadium here.
"I requested Shettar to provide best possible medical treatment to Madani and he has agreed to provide so," Chandy told reporters at "Krishna", the official residence of Chief Minister after about an hour long meeting between them on various issues.
Chandy said Shettar showed him the detailed medical report of Madani and thanked the state for giving treatment to him. Madani.
He said he had requested Shettar to appoint a high level medical team to give latest report on Madani`s health condition.
"The government had given us six-month-old medical report on Madani after we shot off a letter in this regard three months back. We want the latest report and Shettar has agreed to provide the same," he said.
Ruling UDF and opposition LDF members had last month asked the Kerala government to intervene to ensure proper medical care for Madani, with Chandy saying it was not justice to keep a person in prison indefinitely without trial.
The Karnataka High Court had in November last year last rejected Madani`s bail plea but permitted him to avail treatment in a hospital of his choice under police escort.
Madani was arrested on August 17, 2010 from his camp at Anwarassery in Kollam district and has been lodged in the Parappana Agrahara jail in Bangalore since then.
He is among 31 persons charge sheeted in the case relating to the July 2008 bomb blasts that killed a person and left 20 others injured in Bangalore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM