Kerala CM welcomes bail to Maudany
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy Friday welcomed the Supreme Court`s order to grant one month`s bail to Kerala-based People`s Democratic Party (PDP) leader Abdul Nazir Maudany.
"I welcome the verdict of the Supreme Court... I do not subscribe to the idea of keeping a person in jail without trial for so long. The state government had limitations to interfere in the case," Chandy told reporters here.
The apex court Friday granted one month`s bail on health grounds to Maudany, the prime accused in the 2008 Bangalore serial bomb blasts conspiracy. The court`s order came on a plea by Maudany.
Home Minister Ramesh Chennithala also welcomed the ruling, saying it was good news that a religious leader was given bail during the holy month of Ramadan.
Finance Minister K.M. Mani said he was very happy that Maudany got bail.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof