Kerala CM welcomes bail to Maudany
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy Friday welcomed the Supreme Court`s order to grant one month`s bail to Kerala-based People`s Democratic Party (PDP) leader Abdul Nazir Maudany.
"I welcome the verdict of the Supreme Court... I do not subscribe to the idea of keeping a person in jail without trial for so long. The state government had limitations to interfere in the case," Chandy told reporters here.
The apex court Friday granted one month`s bail on health grounds to Maudany, the prime accused in the 2008 Bangalore serial bomb blasts conspiracy. The court`s order came on a plea by Maudany.
Home Minister Ramesh Chennithala also welcomed the ruling, saying it was good news that a religious leader was given bail during the holy month of Ramadan.
Finance Minister K.M. Mani said he was very happy that Maudany got bail.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev