Kerala CM writes letter seeking bail for Maudany
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Sunday wrote to his counterpart in Karnataka requesting his intervention to see that jailed PDP leader Abdul Nasser Maudany be given bail to enable him to attend his daughter`s wedding.
Maudany was arrested from Kollam August 17, 2010, in connection with the conspiracy behind the 2008 Bangalore bomb blasts. He has since been lodged in a Bangalore jail.
Chandy`s office said that Maudany`s daughter had approached the chief minister and expressed the desire for her father to be present at her wedding.
"His party (People`s Democratic Party) also have come up with such a demand. Hence the chief minister (Chandy) has written to Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar," said a spokesperson of Chandy.
The PDP is a Kerala-based party. The marriage of Maudany`s daughter is scheduled to be held at Kollam March 10.
Soofiya Maudany, wife of Maudany, also expressed a wish that her husband attend their daughter`s `nikah` (wedding).
Maudany is among 31 people chargesheeted in the case relating to the July 2008 bomb blasts in which one person was killed and 20 others injured.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan