Kerala CM writes to PM on Lottery irregularities
Kochi: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Thursday said he had written to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to expedite CBI probe into the large-scale irregularities in the functioning of other state lotteries in the state.
The state was also keen that the probe includes the recent fire at the Palakkad office of Megha Distributors, one of the operators of Bhutan lotteries, which had destroyed several documents, Chandy told reporters here.
The previous CPI(M)-led LDF government led by VS Achuthanandan had demanded a CBI probe. The matter had also come up in the Kerala High court with Congress MLA VD Sateeshan and another petitioner seeking CBI probe.
The PILs had been closed by the court after recording the submission of Solicitor General of India, Gopal Subramaniam that the former chief minister`s request for CBI probe will be acted upon by the central government.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000