Kerala CM writes to PM on Lottery irregularities
Kochi: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Thursday said he had written to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to expedite CBI probe into the large-scale irregularities in the functioning of other state lotteries in the state.
The state was also keen that the probe includes the recent fire at the Palakkad office of Megha Distributors, one of the operators of Bhutan lotteries, which had destroyed several documents, Chandy told reporters here.
The previous CPI(M)-led LDF government led by VS Achuthanandan had demanded a CBI probe. The matter had also come up in the Kerala High court with Congress MLA VD Sateeshan and another petitioner seeking CBI probe.
The PILs had been closed by the court after recording the submission of Solicitor General of India, Gopal Subramaniam that the former chief minister`s request for CBI probe will be acted upon by the central government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda