Kerala CM writes to PM on Lottery irregularities
Kochi: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Thursday said he had written to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to expedite CBI probe into the large-scale irregularities in the functioning of other state lotteries in the state.
The state was also keen that the probe includes the recent fire at the Palakkad office of Megha Distributors, one of the operators of Bhutan lotteries, which had destroyed several documents, Chandy told reporters here.
The previous CPI(M)-led LDF government led by VS Achuthanandan had demanded a CBI probe. The matter had also come up in the Kerala High court with Congress MLA VD Sateeshan and another petitioner seeking CBI probe.
The PILs had been closed by the court after recording the submission of Solicitor General of India, Gopal Subramaniam that the former chief minister`s request for CBI probe will be acted upon by the central government.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends