Kerala CM`s call centre elicits huge response
Thiruvananthapuram: The 24x7 public grievance
redressal call centre, which was set up in the office of
Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy two days ago, has received
a huge response in the first day itself with as many as 2.25
lakh people calling the toll-free numbers.
As the lines were choked, only 6,315 calls could be
attended and out of them, 4,220 calls were registered in the
system, a CMO spokesperson said.
Most of the callers congratulated Chandy for starting
such a novel venture, the spokesperson said.
The facility is the first-of-its-kind to be set up in any
state and people from any corner of the world can call the
CM`s office seeking redressal for their grievances or make
suggestions, the spokesperson said.
Under the system, anybody can dial `1076` from BSNL
phones to reach the CMO. The toll-free number to be dialled
from phones of other service providers is 1800-425-1076. Those
living abroad could tap the service by calling 0471-1076.
Complaints received would be referred to officials
concerned for quick action and the person who made the
complaint would be given a docket number for future
If action is not taken on each grievance within a month,
the caller could get back to the chief minister to find the
status of his call and reasons for the delay.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know