Kerala: Compensation for LPG tanker blast victims
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala will give jobs, pensions and compensations to the next of kin of those killed and the injured victims of last week`s LPG tanker blast in which 19 people were killed and 12 others injured, Chief Minister Oomen Chandy said Monday.
The decision was taken at a special cabinet meeting here. Chandy told reporters that the state government has decided to provide jobs to one person from the family of each of those killed for which it will speak to the authorities of Indian Oil Corporation, whose product was being carried by the tanker that exploded.
"In some cases, where a job is not required, we will pay a monthly pension of Rs.5,000 each. Besides this, a sum of Rs 10 lakh would be paid to the family of each of those killed. All those who suffered more than 40 per cent burns will be given Rs 5,00,000 and others who suffered below 40 per cent burns would get Rs.two lakh each," Chandy said.
According to the report submitted by the district authorities, the explosion caused more than of Rs.110 lakh-worth of damage, which includes shops and vehicles destroyed.
"The houses which were destroyed would be rebuilt. The road extending to almost 10.5 km near the accident site would also be reconstructed and for that the funds would come from the MP, MLA and the local bodies funds," said Chandy.
The incident occurred when the lorry carrying liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) overturned after hitting a divider last Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Check rajresults.nic.in: Rajasthan Board Class 12th results 2015 to be declared today
- Check JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 declared on jac.nic.in