Kerala Cong chief wants Rahul as party VP
New Delhi: Amid growing demand for larger role for Rahul Gandhi, Congress` Kerala unit chief Ramesh Chennithala has written to Sonia Gandhi requesting her to appoint the young leader as party Vice President.
Sources said Chennithala has requested Gandhi to elevate the party General Secretary as the Vice President to enable him to play larger political role.
Earlier this month, Chennithala had requested Rahul Gandhi personally to assume "larger role" in the party. He had made the request during his meeting with Gandhi, sources told PTI.
Chennithala`s letter comes close on the heels of the one written by 10 MPs to the Congress President favouring appointment of Rahul as the Leader of the Lok Sabha.
The joint letter of MPs, who included PC Chacko, Madan Lal Sharma, Jaiprakash Hegde, Pratap Singh Bajwa and Arvind Sharma and Franscisco Sardinha said it was the "need of the hour" to create a "sense of confidence" among the countrymen.
In their joint letter, the Lok Sabha MPs had said that as Leader of the House, Rahul would be able to speak "dynamically" on issues concerning the masses and inspire fellow Parliamentarians to follow his example, willingly and cheerfully.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!