Kerala Congress leader calls Rahul Gandhi `joker`, demands his ouster
Kochi: Blaming Rahul Gandhi for the party`s electoral reverses in the Lok Sabha election, a senior leader in Kerala Wednesday termed the Congress vice president a "joker" and demanded he be removed from his posts if he does not step down voluntarily.
TH Mustafa, a former minister, also demanded Gandhi`s sister Priyanka Gandhi be made the new party chief.
Addressing reporters here, Mustafa said that Gandhi should quit from his post and if he does not, he should be removed.
"Rahul behaved like a joker and that`s the reason why the Congress suffered a major reversal in the Lok Sabha polls. The role of a prime minister is not child`s play and the people knew it and handed out the worst defeat to the Congress party.
"He should take responsibility and quit and if not he should be removed and Priyanka Gandhi should be made the new president of the party," he said.
"His (Rahul`s) mad style of working using computer and internet and in the company of a group of CWC members who only praise whatever he does has caused this defeat. It`s unfortunate that even A.K.Antony belongs to this group," said Mustafa, a former minister in the K.Karunakaran cabinet (1991-95) and five-time legislator, known for openly attacking top leaders of his party.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof