Kerala court orders BJP, LDF to pay Rs 3,700 as compensation
Kochi: A Kerala court has directed leaders of BJP and the CPI(M) led Left Democratic Front (LDF) to pay Rs 3,700 as compensation to a small-scale industrialist at nearby Kalamassery, who was prevented from opening his establishment on a strike day in September 2011.
The order in this regard was passed by the Ernakulam Munisiff Court here yesterday on a petition by George John, who runs a unit manufacturing goods for the flooring industry.
The LDF and BJP had called for a `hartal` on September 19, 2011. Despite the call, the petitioner said he and his employees were willing to work, which was not allowed by the activists of the front and the BJP.
The petitioner and his employees thus suffered loss of daily wages and income totalling Rs 3,700, it was submitted.
Though LDF Convenor Vaikom Viswan and BJP State President V Muraleedharan were issued summons to appear, they did not turn up before the court.
Viswan and Muraleedharan have been asked to pay the amount with 12 per cent interest.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read