Kerala: CPI finalises candidates for Lok Sbaha polls
Thiruvananthapuram: CPI, the second largest partner in the CPI(M) led LDF, has finalised candidates in the four seats it is contesting in Kerala.
Former member of Public Service Commission and a prominent member of the Church of South India Bennet P Abraham has been named as the candidate for Thiruvananthapuram.
Party sources said Abraham`s name was cleared despite objections from several members of CPI-M`S state executive and state council.
Chengara Surendran (Mavelikara), C N Jayadevan (Thrissur) and Sathyan Mokeri (Wayanad), are the other candidates.
The party state committee met here yesterday and gave approval to the candidate list.
LDF is meeting later in the day to finalise the list of candidates after which a formal announcement would be made, sources said.
LDF has allotted Kottayam seat to JDS in which Mathew T Thomas, presently MLA from Thiruvalla assembly constituency will be the candidate.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- India responds to Pakistan's offer for talks, says will discuss only cross-border terror
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: This man doesn't give a damn to traffic rules, threatens people on Noida roads; his car has VIP horn - WATCH
- Mercedes GLE 400 4MATIC petrol variant launched in India at Rs 74.9 lakh
- Attention parents! Childhood head injury may up mental illness, mortality risk
- My mom gets worried about controversies: Sonakshi Sinha