Kerala: CPI finalises candidates for Lok Sbaha polls
Thiruvananthapuram: CPI, the second largest partner in the CPI(M) led LDF, has finalised candidates in the four seats it is contesting in Kerala.
Former member of Public Service Commission and a prominent member of the Church of South India Bennet P Abraham has been named as the candidate for Thiruvananthapuram.
Party sources said Abraham`s name was cleared despite objections from several members of CPI-M`S state executive and state council.
Chengara Surendran (Mavelikara), C N Jayadevan (Thrissur) and Sathyan Mokeri (Wayanad), are the other candidates.
The party state committee met here yesterday and gave approval to the candidate list.
LDF is meeting later in the day to finalise the list of candidates after which a formal announcement would be made, sources said.
LDF has allotted Kottayam seat to JDS in which Mathew T Thomas, presently MLA from Thiruvalla assembly constituency will be the candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown