Kerala: CPI finalises candidates for Lok Sbaha polls
Thiruvananthapuram: CPI, the second largest partner in the CPI(M) led LDF, has finalised candidates in the four seats it is contesting in Kerala.
Former member of Public Service Commission and a prominent member of the Church of South India Bennet P Abraham has been named as the candidate for Thiruvananthapuram.
Party sources said Abraham`s name was cleared despite objections from several members of CPI-M`S state executive and state council.
Chengara Surendran (Mavelikara), C N Jayadevan (Thrissur) and Sathyan Mokeri (Wayanad), are the other candidates.
The party state committee met here yesterday and gave approval to the candidate list.
LDF is meeting later in the day to finalise the list of candidates after which a formal announcement would be made, sources said.
LDF has allotted Kottayam seat to JDS in which Mathew T Thomas, presently MLA from Thiruvalla assembly constituency will be the candidate.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef