Kerala: CPI finalises candidates for Lok Sbaha polls
Thiruvananthapuram: CPI, the second largest partner in the CPI(M) led LDF, has finalised candidates in the four seats it is contesting in Kerala.
Former member of Public Service Commission and a prominent member of the Church of South India Bennet P Abraham has been named as the candidate for Thiruvananthapuram.
Party sources said Abraham`s name was cleared despite objections from several members of CPI-M`S state executive and state council.
Chengara Surendran (Mavelikara), C N Jayadevan (Thrissur) and Sathyan Mokeri (Wayanad), are the other candidates.
The party state committee met here yesterday and gave approval to the candidate list.
LDF is meeting later in the day to finalise the list of candidates after which a formal announcement would be made, sources said.
LDF has allotted Kottayam seat to JDS in which Mathew T Thomas, presently MLA from Thiruvalla assembly constituency will be the candidate.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir