Kerala CPI-M leader says no to polygraph test
Idukki: CPI-M leader M M Mani, facing probe for his controversial speech that his party had eliminated some of its foes, informed police today that he was not willing to undergo a polygraph test.
Mani, to whom police served the notice yesterday, said he could not comply with the demand of the police on "medical and legal" grounds.
The CPI-M leader said he had forwarded his reply to the special investigation team (SIT) re-investigating a 30-year-old political murder case.
Mani said he could not undergo the polygraph test as he was an asthma patient and had been under treatment for long. He also said his lawyers had advised him that polygraph test was not legally maintainable.
Police had registered a criminal case and started a fresh probe into the murder of an INTUC activist in Idukki district 30 years ago in the light of Mani`s speech.
While addressing a public meeting at Manakkad near Thodupuzha in the district a few months ago, Mani said CPI-M had in the 1980s drawn up a list of political rivals to be eliminated and executed that. It sparked a controversy within and outside the state.
With Mani`s speech causing deep embarrassment to even the central leadership of the CPI(M), he was removed as the CPI-M Idukki district secretary and suspended from the state committee in July.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH