Kerala CPI-M leader says no to polygraph test
Idukki: CPI-M leader M M Mani, facing probe for his controversial speech that his party had eliminated some of its foes, informed police today that he was not willing to undergo a polygraph test.
Mani, to whom police served the notice yesterday, said he could not comply with the demand of the police on "medical and legal" grounds.
The CPI-M leader said he had forwarded his reply to the special investigation team (SIT) re-investigating a 30-year-old political murder case.
Mani said he could not undergo the polygraph test as he was an asthma patient and had been under treatment for long. He also said his lawyers had advised him that polygraph test was not legally maintainable.
Police had registered a criminal case and started a fresh probe into the murder of an INTUC activist in Idukki district 30 years ago in the light of Mani`s speech.
While addressing a public meeting at Manakkad near Thodupuzha in the district a few months ago, Mani said CPI-M had in the 1980s drawn up a list of political rivals to be eliminated and executed that. It sparked a controversy within and outside the state.
With Mani`s speech causing deep embarrassment to even the central leadership of the CPI(M), he was removed as the CPI-M Idukki district secretary and suspended from the state committee in July.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...