Kerala CPI(M) slams decision to hike rail fares
Thiruvananthapuram: Communist Party of India (Marxist) in Kerala on Wednesday came out strongly against the Centre`s decision to hike railway fares and said the state would be the worst-affected on account of the measure.
"There is no justification for casting such a huge burden on the people when presentation of the railway budget is just a few weeks away", CPI(M) state Secretary Pinarayi Vijayan told a press meet here.
He said the fare-hike was part of the UPA government`s strategy of imposing harsh measures on the people through executive decisions.
Being a consumer state and with a large number of its people working outside, Kerala would be the worst hit on account of the hike, he added.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan