Kerala CPI(M) slams decision to hike rail fares
Thiruvananthapuram: Communist Party of India (Marxist) in Kerala on Wednesday came out strongly against the Centre`s decision to hike railway fares and said the state would be the worst-affected on account of the measure.
"There is no justification for casting such a huge burden on the people when presentation of the railway budget is just a few weeks away", CPI(M) state Secretary Pinarayi Vijayan told a press meet here.
He said the fare-hike was part of the UPA government`s strategy of imposing harsh measures on the people through executive decisions.
Being a consumer state and with a large number of its people working outside, Kerala would be the worst hit on account of the hike, he added.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’