Kerala CPI(M) to embark on roadshow from tomorrow
Thiruvananthapuram: Seeking to equip the party for the Lok Sabha polls, CPI(M) will launch a month-long march from Saturday covering the entire Kerala, highlighting "lapses" of the Congress-led governments at the Centre and the state.
Led by party`s state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan, the roadshow named "Kerala Raksha march", would be flagged-off by CPI(M) politburo member S Ramachandran Pillai at Vayalar in Alappuzha tomorrow. It would conclude in Kozhikode on February 26.
Briefing reporters on the campaign here today, Vijayan said five main themes would be highlighted during the campaign which include price rise, need to strengthen PDS, danger posed by communalism, corruption and solar scam.
Public meetings would be organised in 126 centres during the yatra, covering 140 assembly segments in the state.
Apart from Vijayan, party leaders A Vijayaraghavan, EP Jayarajan, PK Sreemathy, AK Balan, MV Govindan, Elamarom Kareem and Baby John would join the march.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu