Kerala CPI(M) to embark on roadshow from tomorrow
Thiruvananthapuram: Seeking to equip the party for the Lok Sabha polls, CPI(M) will launch a month-long march from Saturday covering the entire Kerala, highlighting "lapses" of the Congress-led governments at the Centre and the state.
Led by party`s state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan, the roadshow named "Kerala Raksha march", would be flagged-off by CPI(M) politburo member S Ramachandran Pillai at Vayalar in Alappuzha tomorrow. It would conclude in Kozhikode on February 26.
Briefing reporters on the campaign here today, Vijayan said five main themes would be highlighted during the campaign which include price rise, need to strengthen PDS, danger posed by communalism, corruption and solar scam.
Public meetings would be organised in 126 centres during the yatra, covering 140 assembly segments in the state.
Apart from Vijayan, party leaders A Vijayaraghavan, EP Jayarajan, PK Sreemathy, AK Balan, MV Govindan, Elamarom Kareem and Baby John would join the march.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM