Kerala CPM leader served notice for polygraph test
Idukki (Kerala): The Kerala Police on Wednesday served notice on Communist Party of India-Marxist`s (CPI-M) former Idukki district secretary MM Mani to appear for a polygraph (lie-detector) test.
Mani told media persons here that he would seek legal advice on what he should do next. "I will also speak with my doctor and then decide on what needs to be done," said Mani after receiving the notice.
The former Idukki district secretary of CPI-M ran into trouble after he made a fiery speech May 25, in which he said his party liquidated its political rivals, and cited four instances of party opponents killed in the 1980s.
Subsequently, police re-opened the murder case of one A Baby, to which Mani had referred saying that he was murdered by his party.
Police have served similar notices to three others. Mani was questioned in connection with the case in July.
The polygraph test was sought by police after inconsistencies were found in the statements given by Mani and one of the other accused in the case.
Mani has been given 10 days to reply to the notice. The test would be conducted in state capital Thiruvananthapuram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch